Pages

Wednesday 1 January 2020

A challenge that I experienced

Hello bloggers,
Its me Alan and this is one of the summer learning journey's activity. The activity is this :


For this activity, we would like to hear about a time when you, or someone you know, experienced a challenge and overcame it.
On your blog, recount a time when you or someone you know experienced a challenge and overcame it.

So I am going to complete it. Now I am going to tell you one time when I or someone I know experienced a challenge and overcame it. The time I overcome a challenge is when I almost drowned in a river. The incident that happened was When I was a little boy me and my family and my cousin went to a river. There I was swimming and then suddenly the ball which I was playing with fell in to the water so I ran after it suddenly I slipped to the deep side of the river and I started going down. Fortunately My cousin's father saw me and came to my rescue. So that's it I hope you liked my blog post and please write me a comment.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Alan,

    Great work on completing another Summer Learning Journey activity - keep up the good work. Don’t forget to comment back to blog commenters as well as on others SLJ blog posts to gain extra points.

    That must have been a very scary experience for you as well as your family watching it happen. You need to be so incredibly careful around water and especially careful around water that has a current (moving water).
    What are some ideas you can do to keep yourself safe around water?
    I am so glad that your Uncle was able to help you and that you were safe in the end.

    Until next time, happy blogging :)
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Alan, its me Parwin!

    Great to see that you have complted yet another SLJ activity! I like how you have included what happened and you also made a picture to go with the story.

    Something similar had actually happened to me but when I was young, I was in Afghanistan and was around maybe 3 or 4? Not sure but around that and my cousins would always hurt us as they were older. One day, they asked if I wanted to come with them near the creek. They pushed me and I was very small and although the water was not deep, it was deep for me. I tried yelling for help but the water just went rushing into my mouth and I probably swallowed too much water because I passed out. Luckily, a boy was up in the tree's saw me and quickly got me out. He took me to his grandma who then called my mum and then they took me to the hospital. Middle of the way, the water came rushing out and I was saved.

    I think that to improve, maybe you could include what the SLJ is for those who might not know but apart from that, you did an great job!

    Awesome work!



    Looking forward to your next posts,
    Parwin

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.