Pages

Monday 6 January 2020

A short recount about what I did this morning in Shakespearean English.

Hello bloggers,
Its me Alan and this is one of the summer learning journey's activity. The activity is this :

For this activity, we would like you to learn more about ‘Shakespearean English’ - the version of English that Shakespeare used to write his plays. To do this, please write a short recount about what you did this morning in regular (2019) English, and then use  this translating tool to turn it into Shakespearean English.
On your blog, share both your English and Shakespearean translation of your recount.

So I am going to complete it. What I did in the morning was :

I did get up late this m'rning because yest'rday t wast bitter cold and i couldst not catch but a wink prop'rly.  So anon as i did get up i wenteth into the athroom and wash'd mine own visage and the did brush mine own teeth.  Then i wenteth consume mine own food.  This m'rning i consumed bread with chocolate.  Aft'r eating food i did play phoneth f'r some timeth and then i did start blogging.  Aft'r yond i wenteth to the library and then we hath returned f'r lunch.

So if you want to transalate it t normoal english just use  this translating tool.So that's it I hope you liked my blog post and please write me a comment.

2 comments:

  1. Morena Alan,

    Great work on completing another Summer Learning Journey activity - keep up the good work. Don’t forget to comment back to blog commenters as well as on others SLJ blog posts to gain extra points.

    Boy I am happy that we don't talk like that anymore. It is actually quite hard to follow, what do you think?
    You had chocolate for breakfast?! I am glad you brushed your teeth then.

    Until next time, happy blogging :)
    Emma

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Alan, its me Parwin!

    Its great to see that you have compeleted yet another activity! I like how you have included the link to the website so if anyone wants to try it out, then they can do it easily. You also included what you had to do as well so we knew what you were doing!

    This reminds me of when I did this but when I did this, I included the enlgish version and then the shakspearean version as well! That way, they knew what it was because its quite hard to understand it the edited way.

    I think that to improve, maybe you could present it on a website or make it more eye catching and if you included the english version, it would be easier to understand. Just a reminder, some people don't know what the SLJ is so you might want to include that and also just double check for any errors before pressing publish!

    Awesome work!



    Looking forward to your next posts,
    Parwin

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.