Pages

Friday 3 January 2020

Why is Madam CJ Walker important to African American history?

Hello bloggers,
Its me Alan and this is one of the summer learning journey's activity. The activity is this :

For this activity, choose one person and read all about them.
On your blog, provide us with:
  1. The name of the person
  2. A description of the work they do/have done
  3. An explanation of how they/their work has had an impact on the lives of others

So I am going to complete it. The one I choose is Madam C.J. walker.

What she did was she was One of the first female self-made millionaires in the United States. By developing and marketing a line of cosmetics and hair care products for black women, Madam C.J.  Walker which made he rich and also which had an impact in there costumer's life. So that's it I hope you liked my blog post and please write me a comment.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Alan,

    Congratulations on completing another activity! You're doing an awesome job getting through so many - well done! :)

    Wow, I've never heard of Madame C.J. Walker before. Thank you for teaching me something new. :)
    Do you know if she donated any of her money to charity or put it towards any worthy causes? It'd be interesting to find out.

    Have a great day, Alan. I can't wait to read more of your posts soon. :)

    Bye for now,

    Mikey

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Alan, its me Parwin!

    Great work on completeing yet another SLJ activity! I like how you included a photo of Madam C.J Walker so that we then know how she looks like and you also included some great information about her as well!

    This kind of reminds me of Rosa Parks for some reason and I think that its mostly because of the photo as it is kind of similar to Rosa Parks. They were both Afrcian American as well so that might also be the reason.

    I think that to improve, maybe you could include what the SLJ is and also use like a website to present it to make it more eye catching!

    I also realized that the information thing about her, at the start there were some mistakes and then after that, it was all correct. I copied the writing and then I put it onto google because I thought that it might have been copied and pasted which was true! Now you need to remember to not do that because they may not count your points for that!

    How come you chose Madam C.J walker?

    Great job!



    Looking forward to your next posts,
    Parwin

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.