Pages

Friday 27 December 2019

One day as Mr Mandela and that I am living at Robben Island prison

Hello bloggers,
Its me Alan and this is one of the summer learning journey's activity. The activity is this :


For this activity, please imagine that you are Mr Mandela and that you are living at Robben Island prison. You have been given a journal and each night you write in it.
On your blog, write a journal entry imagining that you are Mr Mandela. What do you think he did each day? How did he feel? Include as much detail as you can in the journal entry.

So I am going to complete it. Now I am going to show you the journal I wrote is :

The day starts as a bird flies in through the cells bars and pecks in my leftover food. so I stood up and I chased the bird away. Whenever I wake up I fell sad and happy and proud all together because I feel sad that I am sorry for myself that I ended up here but I am happy that felt that this was very wrong and I fought for many years to change the law and I am proud that I tried to change the law. So as I chased away the bird and I started wondering what to do that day. As I was wondering my food came and suddenly an idea popped into my mind.The idea was after I ate my food I will ask them to give me a paper, pen and scissors and then I would be able to make a dairy where I will write how my day was to pass time. So I put this plan into work I ate my food and I asked them to give me some paper,pen and a scissors . They gave it to me and I started to make a dairy. When I was halfway through making that dairy my lunch arrived.I was surprised because it was like time flew away. after eating lunch I went back to work. It took quite a while to make the dairy perfect and when I finished my dinner arrived. I was not surprised this time because I knew that making a dairy with your own hand is very hard. After I ate dinner I wrote my day in it and then went to sleep.

So that's it bloggers I hope you liked my blog post and please write me a comment.

1 comment:

  1. Bula Alan,

    Great work on completing another Summer Learning Journey activity - keep up the good work. Don’t forget to comment back to blog commenters as well as on others SLJ blog posts to gain extra points.

    What an in depth and thoughtful diary entry you have created. I love the way you have captured how hard it would have been for Nelson Mandela however also written about how proud he could have been for why he was in prison.
    Do you have your own diary at home? Or have you ever created one like you outlined in the story? If not, maybe you could give one a go.

    Until next time, happy blogging :)
    Emma

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.